SPOTTY BOWL is a Tournament Series to crown the Spotted Bay Bass Fishing Champion of The World
SEASON FIRST HALF (JANUARY – MARCH) – 6 Tournament Series where 1st, 2nd, and 3rd* earn a spot in the playoffs in July for the championship.
SEASON SECOND HALF (APRIL – JUNE) – 6 Tournament Series where 1st, 2nd, and 3rd* earn a spot in the playoffs in July for the championship.
* (4th place will qualify for Playoffs if 20+ anglers sign up)
ON TOURNAMENT WEEKENDS – Each angler will choose ONE day (Friday, Saturday, or Sunday) to fish and declare it in their thread on the Spotty Bowl Server.
SESSION TIMES – Anglers can start fishing at 6AM and must have all their submissions done by 8PM on their chosen day.
FISHING FOR – 5 Spotted Bay Bass for Total Length. (Longest individual fish breaks a tie). Catch, Photo, Release – All fish must be released.
Full Rules Below
TOURNAMENT DATEs AND LOCATIONS
SEASON FIRST HALF
JAN 22, 23, 24 San Diego Bay
FEB 5, 6, 7 Mission Bay
FEB 26, 27, 28 San Diego Bay
MAR 5, 6, 7 Mission Bay
MAR 26, 27, 28 San Diego Bay
APR 9, 10, 11 Mission Bay
SEASON SECOND HALF
APR 23, 24, 25 San Diego Bay
MAY 14, 15, 16 Mission Bay
MAY 21, 22, 23 San Diego Bay
JUN 11,12,13 Mission Bay
JUN 25, 26, 27 San Diego Bay
JUL 9, 10, 11 Mission Bay
JUL 24 San Diego Bay
JUL 31 Mission Bay
AUG 14 San Diego Bay
AUG 28 Mission Bay
These rules are in place to keep the competition as fair as possible. Please read the rules in full and ask any questions before the tournament begins. Rules are subject to change after each weekend to address unforeseen events.
- Must have a valid Fishing License
- If you get a ticket while in the tournament you will be disqualified.
- Fishing for 5 Spotted Bay Bass per Tournament Day
- Check In on the Spotty Bowl Server and declare what day you are fishing in your submission thread.
- Fish Size Minimum is 8 Inches
- Submit your best five (5) fish by 8:00PM via your text channel on the Spotty Bowl Server
- Artificial Baits Only – Bait scents are OK
- No Trolling
- Fish must be caught while actively fishing with rod in hand
- Only fish where you are legally allowed
- All anglers on the water must wear a U.S. Coast Guard Approved Personal Flotation Device.
PHOTO REQUIREMENTS and PENALTIES
- The fish must be measured on a Hawg Trough (affiliate link)
- The fish must be facing to the LEFT with spines away from you.
- Mouth must closed against bump plate (No Hooks or Fish Grips in Mouth) – PENALTY: MINUS 2 INCHES
- Tail must be flared or semi-flared. The end of the tail must be wider then the base of the tail fin. If it’s narrower, it is considered a pinched tail – PENALTY: DISQUALIFIED FISH
- Tournament Code written on your hand or on a Tournament ID Card
EACH CATCH SUBMISSION PHOTO MUST INCLUDE: The full fish (If you need to hold the fish on the trough don’t obstruct the whole fish with your hand), relevant parts of the Hawg Trough (from the bump plate to one measurement mark past the end of the fish tail.), and unique Tournament ID. Photos missing any of these will be DISQUALIFIED.
Each Tournament Weekend you bank the length of your best 5 SBB towards your half season total.
Your worst score will be dropped. Only your top 5 of the 6 scores will be used each half season.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
OPEN TO ALL VESSELS and SHORE FISHERMAN. All fishing against each other
This total fee entitles you to fish in the WHOLE season. If you don’t place in the first half you can try again during the second half at no additional charge.
League Season $25.00
Side Pots $15.00
Longest SBB $5.00
Heaviest SBB Sponsored
Longest Halibut Sponsored
AOTM (Angler Of The Month) $10.00
BAYWARS Platform Fee $1.50
PayPal Processing Fee $1.50
LEAGUE PAYOUT – 100% of League Season fees according to this schedule
SIDE POT PAYOUTS
Longest Single Spotted Bay Bass of the Regular Season wins 100% of the collected Longest SBB Side Pot Fees
Heaviest Spotted Bay Bass wins $50.00 Cool Baits Package
Longest Halibut of the Regular Season wins $100.00
AOTM (Angler Of The Month) the angler with the most inches each month of regular season wins 1/6 of total AOTM fees collected. One winner per month.
Anywhere inside of San Diego Bay where you are legally allowed to fish. The boundary separating inside from outside is the line between Ballast Point Light B and San Diego Bay Submerged Jetty Light M.
Anywhere inside of Mission Bay where you are legally allowed to fish. The boundary separating inside from outside is the last line of 5 MPH Buoys marked on the map.