- This event has passed.
Mission Bay Spotty Slug Fest Feb 2020
February 22, 2020 @ 5:30 am - 3:30 pm
Top 3 Legal Spotted Bay Bass – Catch, Photo, Release Tournament.
Full Rules Below.
February 22nd, 2020
- Check-In Start 6:00AM
- Check-In Close 6:30AM
- Captain’s Meeting 6:35AM
- Group Photo 6:40AM
- Launch & Tourney START Horn at 6:45AM
- Lines out of the water 1:00PM
- In line to submit catch by 1:30PM
- Winners and Awards 2:30PM
- Raffle (Tentative) 2:45PM
Crown Point Gazebo (North end of Ski Beach Park) at Mission Bay
1600 Vacation Rd, San Diego, CA 92109
Check in by 6:30am. Bring your PFD to check in.
We will be staging on the beach and sounding the horn to launch and start the tournament at 6:45 AM
Anywhere inside of Mission Bay where you are legally allowed to fish. The boundary separating inside from outside is the last line of 5 MPH Buoys marked on the map.
These rules are in place to keep the competition as fair as possible. Please read the rules in full and ask any questions before the tournament begins.
- Must have a valid Fishing License
- If you get a ticket while in the tournament you will be disqualified.
- Legal Spotted Bay Bass, 14″ or bigger only (No Sand Bass or Calico Bass)
- Lines out of the water at 1:00PM
- Be in line to Submit your best three (3) fish by 1:30PM at our checkout table
- Artificial Baits Only – Bait scents are OK
- Maximum of One (1) LINE in the water at a time
- Maximum of Two (2) Sets of HOOKS per lure
- No A-Rigs
- No fishing within 200′ of the BAIT BARGE
- Only fish where you are legally allowed
- Winners in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place split the entry fee money collected from all participants ($20.00 per angler)
- FIRST = 65%
- SECOND = 20%
- THIRD = 15%
- All anglers must wear a U.S. Coast Guard Approved Personal Flotation Device. Please bring it when you check in.
Stand Up Paddle Boards
PHOTO REQUIREMENTS and PENALTIES
- The fish must be measured on a Hawg Trough (affiliate link)
- The fish must be facing to the LEFT with spines away from you.
- Mouth closed against bump plate – PENALTY 1/4 inch or DISQUALIFIED FISH in extreme cases.
- Tail must be flared or semi-flared. The tail must be wider then the base of the tail fin. If it’s narrower, it is considered a pinched tail – PENALTY DISQUALIFIED FISH
- Tournament ID written on your hand or on a Tournament ID Card
EACH CATCH SUBMISSION PHOTO MUST INCLUDE: The full fish (If you need to hold the fish on the trough don’t obstruct the whole fish with your hand), relevant parts of the Hawg Trough (from the bump plate to one measurement mark past the end of the fish tail.), the unique Tournament ID, and part of your kayak. Photos missing any of these will be DISQUALIFIED.
ASK RULES QUESTIONS BEFORE WE START
In order to include the full Entry Fee amount of $20 in the payout, we need to add a $2 charge to cover the Pay Pal Payment Fee and Site Maintenance Costs.
BAYWARS Platform Charge: $1.00
PayPal Fee: $1.00
Entry Fee: $20.00
Registration is CLOSED for this event